Tapioca flour is one of my favourite gluten-free flours. It tastes quite nice and can be mixed with sweet or savoury ingredients.
So here is a quick and easy 3-ingredient recipe:
- 2 tbsp tapioca flour
- 1 egg
- cheese (optional)
You can use any cheese you want, cottage cheese makes it healthier and lighter but buffalo mozzarella, pecorino, cheddar or parmesan will also work.
In a bowl, add the egg and beat with a fork until fluffy.
Slowly add the 2 tbsp tapioca flour. For additional fluffiness and a better consistency, you can make tapioca crumble by adding a tiny bit of water to the flour, letting it stand for a few minutes and then use a sieve to separate the flour.
Add your favourite cheese. Parmesan cheese works very well and tastes nice.
Fry the pancakes with butter or coconut oil or just use a non-stick pan.
Some fillings I recommend:
- Turkey breast and cottage cheese
- Goat’s cheese, tomato and onion (as picture above)
- Smoked salmon with some lemon juice and low-fat cream cheese
- Peanut butter
- Maple syrup
- Roast vegetables
- Chia pudding and fruit
Just be creative, send us your favourite filling by commenting below!
Latest posts by Helen Clark (see all)
- Tips To Conquer Clutter and Gain More Space in Your Wardrobe - March 15, 2017
- Organise Your Home Better with the Japanese Art of Decluttering - March 8, 2017
- 7 must-have Acrylic transparent boxes to keep your home organised - February 28, 2017